I got this recipe from Everyday Food magazine. I am really enjoying the recipes in it. Since it’s Friday, this is the day I fix pasta. I do this in order to move through my stock of dried pasta and use up what I have, all the while trying new recipes and flavors. This is a meatless meal but has plenty of protein with the nuts and the beans. We tried it & we both liked it. I’ll do it again! Also… the only thing I had to buy for this recipe was the bag of arugula. A bargain!
- 12 ounces farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound baby arugula
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted if desired
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and set aside.
- Place pasta pot over medium heat. Add garlic and 1 tablespoon butter; cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add arugula to pot; toss just until wilted. Add beans, pasta, and remaining 3 tablespoons butter; season with salt and pepper. Toss, adding enough reserved water to mixture to coat pasta. Garnish with walnuts.