Here are some great family photos! We love being with them and have felt very blessed.
Anita and daughter Ana at the baptism dinner
Jerusha, Nathanial, Bobbie & John
Rebekah & Emma with Great Grandma Pearson
Ron & Bobbie + 10 children with Great Grandma Pearson
Emma 1 + year old
We are having such a great time with the folks!! We’re building memories as we “hang-out” with them as they get to visit and better know their grandchildren and great-grandchildren. The Lord has blessed our family with lots of fun times this summer.
What fun to be with these boys, Preston & William!
What a fun time to have Ana (Anita & Neil’s) and Audrey ( Bobbie & Ron’s ) for a night with grandma & papa.
We are trying to take advantage of every moment with the kids & grands. We are so thankful that “the cousins” have each other.
Another treat to have 4 grandchildren tonight . I made a super kid-friendly meal so we should have clean plates.
Elijah, Ana , Evangeline & Jude should get dessert !
Today I baked:
Butterscotch Icebox Cookies- (only I used maple flavoring instead of vanilla)
1 cup butter
2 cups dark brown sugar
3 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used maple)
1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter; add and cream well. beat in eggs, then add sifted dry ingredients, vanilla & nuts.
- Shape into rolls, wrap in waxed paper and freeze or put in refrigerator until firm.
- Slice and place about an inch apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes at 400° (200º C)
We love having our kids Jerusha & Nathanial for the weekend!!
John (Papa) & Anita at Anita and Neils house
Our family: Gregg & Dora Berger- John’s sis. They came for a visit! Good times!
Granddaughter Audrey (Bobbie & Ron’s)
Granddaughters Abigail (Jesseka’s & Greg’s) and Ava (Bobbie & Ron’s)
Fathers Day photos! We have enjoyed every minute with our family. Here we share our day with you:
What fun it’s been to be around some of the grands. They’re growing and we’re starting to feel like ‘normal’ grandparents. Here are a few photos:
Mom & Dad- celebrating an anniversary. What fun we had!
Our granddaughter Ava at the ‘fiesta’
Our grandson Nathan in Nevada.
Our Cheri at the handgun course. We had a blast!
You may ask what a TYPE 2 vacation is… well, I just learned that expression from our son a few days ago. I think he may have invented the term. Let’s see if I can get this right…
A TYPE 1 vacation may look like a time when you can read on the beach or a cruise, or perhaps some sight-seeing in some exciting city.
A TYPE 2 vacation is well… ummm…. err….how can I define this? You go somewhere, and get stressed to the max learning something new or pushing your limits physically, emotionally or both with great family and/or friends. Crying may be involved, tons of laughter (mainly at yourself) and when it’s over you are glad, and thrilled that you could even do it!
Ok, we just finished with a TYPE 2 vacation. Our kids John & Cheri, and friends Cliff & Jen, treated us to a 4 day handgun course at http://www.frontsight.com/ in Pahrumpa Nevada. What a hoot! There were some days I thought I’d never get ‘it’ but left realizing that I had learned a ton.
Things I learned:
- I can’t believe anyone has a gun without such a course in gun safety and shooting.
- I can still learn new things
- I never want to shoot anyone, but I now can defend myself and family if the need arises.
What I loved:
- Being with grandchildren and getting to know them.
- learning with our kids, John & Cheri & great family friends, Cliff & Jen and our 14 year old grandson, John Caleb ( 6′ 4″ tall) also took the course.
- laughing our heads off!
- The warm and loving hospitality of Cliff & Jen and their family.